I just returned from an amazing two-day stay in Sin City or properly known as Las Vegas, Nevada. While I visited Las Vegas twice in 2014, according to the Las Vegas Visitors and Convention bureau, in 2014 there were over 41 million Las Vegas visitors that saw some amazing shows, ate some incredible meals, partook in a few hands of blackjack and were pampered in spas, marking yet again another impressive year.
While I attended two Las Vegas conventions in 2014, did you know there are nearly 22,000 conventions held each year in Las Vegas? All of the conventions as well as regular travelers, helped bring in nearly $9.6 billion of gaming revenue in Las Vegas during 2014. Even when I was on the Strip the other night, the streets were alive with people and the local entertainment was a sight to see.
However, as I was sitting in the lobby of The Aria Resort and Casino, I came across some interesting and surprising statistics about Las Vegas in 2014. Without further ado, here are my “Top 10 Surprising Las Vegas Statistics for 2014”:
- 7,982,550 pillows were fluffed at MGM Grand
- 1 million Hershey’s Kisses distributed to celebrate the opening of Hershey’s Chocolate World at New York-New York
- 729,753 pizza slices served at Shawn McClain’s FIVE50 Pizza Bar at ARIA
- 267,436 toilet paper rolls were used by the Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo
- 96,719 pounds of crab legs were cracked at The Buffet at ARIA
- 46,363 margaritas were imbibed at Hecho en Vegas at MGM Grand
- 34,580 costume changes performed by the Jabbawockeez at Luxor
- 11,336 shows by The Fountains of Bellagio
- 5,472 roses distributed by Boyz II Men during “I’ll Make Love to You” at The Mirage
- 1,117 ice buckets in the shape of FDR’s hat box, in the suites at Delano Las Vegas.
While many of us come to Las Vegas for a convention or a weekend getaway, there is so much more than meets the eye to make sure that each Las Vegas guest has a memorable experience. So if you are looking for more information about Las Vegas, head on over to Vegas.com where you can search for a vacation package that suits everyone’s need and budget. Stop on by and give Vegas a try.